A collection of random thoughts...







  • I would like to thank the lovely Anna Louise for featuring me on her inspiring blog this week. She had asked me a few fun questions for her interview series called "A Piece of..." You can read it here

  • Although it's Spring and everyone else is filled with glee - I actually miss winter. I miss the warm chunky knits that hide the effects of too much good comfort food. I miss the excitement of a snow day. I miss the winter boots that I bought but never wore. I miss cozying up next to the fireplace and most of all, I miss drinking all those cups of coffee to keep warm. 

  • This is a good year for SA Idols, the talent has been the best we've ever seen in all seven seasons. My two favourite contestants, Freddie and Dave are still in the running for the grand prize. It would be a travesty if neither of these two rockers won. See them sing here. P.S Don't forget to check out Freddie's brilliant rendition of "Seven Nation Army" while you're there. 

  • Masterchef is coming to South Africa! As a huge fan of the reality cooking competition, I am very excited. I was seriously considering entering, but my inability to multitask, perilous knife skills and fussy food habits will probably not see me past the Audition room door. If you are a passionate amateur South African cook (without any of my above-mentioned impediments), I hope that you will enter.

  • The curse of my lost camera is finally over! No, I didn't find the mysteriously misplaced camera, but my dearest brother did get me a splendid new one as a gift. Thanks bro! I can now get back to taking photos, as soon as I figure out how to work this gadget. 

  • Ghd in association with Cansa will be styling hair for a charitable purpose on 1 October 2011. The style-A-thon events will be held in 4 shopping malls in 3 cities around the country, where you can have your hair professionally styled for R50 (R20 for kids), which will go towards raising funds for cancer. This worthy cause brings a new meaning to "beauty with a purpose". 

  • If you're considering long-distance learning in South Africa - please don't. As a victim of this failed system, I wouldn't advise it to anyone. The country's three major correspondence colleges - Unisa, Damelin & Intec, were all under fire on a Carte Blanche exposé. Intec is by far the worst. Study material hasn't been delivered on time or at all, assignments haven't been marked, money has been embezzled and it only gets worse with more than a thousand complaints on Hellopeter.  

  • In view of the previous point, I am starting to think that my streak of bad luck has turned into a recurring role in Lemony Snicket's "Series of Unfortunate Events". That did turn out well in the end though?

  • It so happens that just as you get used to a great new hairdresser or beauty therapist, either they will move away, or you will. Then you will have to suffer many bad hair cuts and brow waxes before you find a stylist you can trust again. And it probably won't be long until they move too. It's a vicious circle.

  • I wish there were a simpler way of knowing when to take a plunge into the deep end, and when to wade in shallow waters.



 
Top