Just wondering...




  • Isn't it really depressing when you've paid a ridiculous amount for a stunning dress at an 'exclusive' boutique, only to find that a month later it is available from a franchise store at one tenth of the price?

  • I think I've been brainwashed by the Neutrogena advert that's played 120 times during Gossip Girl on Vuzu. I know this because when I was shopping for a new skincare range, the only thing that I could see in the entire beauty aisle were the bright orange and white boxes and flashing images of Vanessa Hudgens saying 'Now I have one less stress to deal with'. 

  • My search for the perfect créme brulee recipe has ended thanks to Masterchef Australia. I have tried to make many-a-brulee before, but the results were quite hazardous. This recipe is so simple, if I can make it, I know you can. Try it here.  

  • This has been such an intense week in the land of Vampire Diaries (for those of us who don't have copies of the entire 2nd season). Lots of unexpected twists and turns - Stephan was the 'bad' brother back in 1864, Bonnie's powers were stripped, Damon was duped twice, Alaric's failed heroic attempts, Elijah met his ashy dagger end (which I was sad about), Uncle John was being his usual scheming and annoying Uncle John self and Katherine made an unwelcomed return. Can't wait for next week's episode.

  • It's been one of those chocolate-dessert-for-dinner kind of weeks. I don't even like chocolate that much - but Ultra Mel's Delight chocolate dessert is pretty hard to resist.

  • I must admit that I did not vote at our municipal elections last week. My political expectations had been let down before and seems like it will be for another four years. Here's looking forward to more empty promises, misused funds, unfinished roadworks, bribery and corruption. ;)

  • Earlier this month, we were treated to a girls night out at a Honey Jewellery launch, arranged by the lovely Ms Slick. All the ladies in attendance perfectly played up to the 'Bling & Heels' theme. Thanks to Ms Slick for being such a gracious host and organizing the entertaining evening. The latest Honey collection glitters with glamour, visit their website here to view the catalogue.

  • To the next person who asks me if I have a Blackberry (and you will be person number 5388), I would like to say: No, I don't have a Blackberry because I'm not interested in your incessant updates about what you're doing, where you're going, what you having for lunch, what mood you're in - or not in, your weather reports (there's a news channel for that) and I am really not interested in the egocentric profile pics you put up of yourself every hour. I actually worry about the people that are interested.

 
Top