• Some things are just not fair. Like how Durban experiences 29 degree Autumn days, while the rest of us in Small Town, SA shiver in the 10 degree cold.

  • I can't believe that I hadn't discovered the joys of red velvet cupcakes before this weekend. If you've never had one before, try making them with this easy recipe. You can thank me later by sending a batch ;)

  • This post was meant to feature the pics I took of the beautiful boutiques and shopping havens at the coast. But sadly my camera mysteriously disappeared in one of the malls, (probably because I was too distracted by all the pretty clothes). It freaks me out that some stranger may have found it and is now holding my photos ransom somewhere on the internet. 

  • I've never been scared of watching horror movies, I find them to be laughable and far-fetched. What I am afraid of watching is gory episodes of Doctor 90210, Joburg drivers and anything that Lady Gaga wears and does.

  • While some people use hair extensions and expensive medicated hair growth formulas to get thicker, fuller hair - farmtown folk use horse shampoo. Yes, for humans. Strange thing is, it actually works. Don't ask how I know this.

  • On a recent family road trip, I found out that it takes about 10 people to change a tyre. One to hold the spanner, another to hold the jack, one to delegate, two who pretend to do the work, three who actually do all the work and a few glamour boys who stand around, refusing to get their designer clothes dirty.

  • I used to make fun of people who speak in SMS abbreviations...but now, as hard as it is to admit - I have now become one of them. OMG!  

  • I don't get why people wear their sunglasses indoors, at night. Are they afraid that the fluorescent lighting in malls are going to emit harmful UV rays?

  • Last night I caught the new Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler movie, Just Go With It. It was really funny and enjoyable, with stunning views of Hawaii. Definitely worth a watch for the Hula dance off between Jen and Nicole Kidman. 

  • I'd like to thank Megan from Second Floor Living, who asked me to do a guest post for her blog on Autumn and Winter fashion trends. You can read it here



 
Top