• I really need to stop buying things just because they're pink. Sometimes it's just not functional nor smart and turns out to be completely useless. But it is oh so pretty.

  • Thank you to everyone who has invited me onto WhatsApp. Sadly, I cannot get this application on my 'smartphone', as apparently, it is not smart enough. But it is pink.

  • It's possible to watch P.S I Love You for the 300th time and still get teary-eyed. Although it's the saddest movie I've seen, I don't think I will ever tire of watching it.

  • Expresso should be labelled as either a) A drug b) Food poisoning or c) The secret to staying awake for eternity.

  • It isn't fair to judge someone on a bad decision they've made, unless every single decision you've made in your own life was the right one.

  • It's easier to buy a firearm than a memory card in South Africa. Purchasing a Micro SD card from a well-known franchise required me to place a special order through a glass window, pass several security checks and pay for it at a separate part of the store, then return with the stamped receipt to receive my card. I then had to leave my name, number, ID, address, blood type, next of kin, etc with the sales lady (who tried to dissuade me from buying it in the first place). When I tried to leave the store with my newly-bought card, the security alarm went off and all the shoppers turned to look at me like I was a Lindsay kleptomaniac Lohan (so embarrassing). Finally, the security guard cleared my purchase and I was free to go. Needless to say, I won't be showing my face around there for a long time.

  • Buy the March 2011 issue of South African Elle and receive a free L'oréal Glam Shine lipgloss (my ultimate fav). You won't find any copies left in Small Town, SA, 'cause I've cleared out the stands. 

  • If someone doesn't pick up their phone after the 10th ring, it probably means that they're very busy, unavailable or they just don't want to speak to you. Either way, after the first 5 failed attempts, you should really just stop calling.

  • In an attempt to reduce my caffeine intake, I decided to try decaffeinated coffee. In Small Town, SA, there are only two types of decaf brands available. One that tastes like coffee-flavoured sand, and another that's slightly worse - decaffeinated gravel.

  • I am really not a violent person, but the next time someone starts chatting away while I'm watching The Vampire Diaries, I will have to stab them with a spoon. You have been warned.



 
Top